Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

she loves her daddy

 I suppose we all keep learning about our children as they grow and we experience new things with them,
We've been having a family beach holiday over the last 5 days,
I've been reminded of the "newness" of our family.
Not so much Chad to me, but more Chad being Nede's father.

Part of these days have been robbed from me,
I've made myself a victim to worry,
I'm angry for it, but it happens.
I didn't quite relax.

And then yesterday, I watched intently while Nede played in the Indian ocean with her father.
My memories are from years ago, our first trip to the beach, whe Nede couldn't scale me high enough to avoid the waves,
But now, now today she plays with SUCH courage,
- Wanting the giant waves to take her out.
- Wanting to be washed up on shore.

As long as her father's watching, she knows she's safe.

If Daddy dives through a massive wave,
Nede tries (but with her nose plugged).
If he did a flip into the crashing wave, Nede soon learned.

As long as her father is near, she's safe.

As I watched this little copy cat,
I realized,
She's 100% confident with her father.
She trusts him completely.
She loves him fully.
She's found joy insurmountable in him.

And it hit me...
I need to learn what my daughter knows.

Do I live with my heavenly Father as she does with her earthly one?
Am I 100% confident in Him?
Do I trust Him completely?
Do I really love Him fully?
Fully enough not to worry?

Because
My Father is watching,
He always IS near.

I am safe.

I too, am safe.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful way you shared this Dara!!
So sweet! Praying so much, and I thank you for this wonderful thought!!
Hugs and so much love